Definition for Cultural Engagement
“The student demonstrates appreciation for the many dimensions of ongoing public-square and global conversations related to social, cultural, religious, biblical, and theological concerns, and develops a biblical Christian perspective that results in knowledgeable, compassionate dialogue with appropriate evangelistic engagement.”
Because I want to better engage people with the gospel and God’s word, I will develop and maintain a monthly podcast to engage people in scripture and address apologetic issues related to scripture.
- I will select experts with whom to interview on topics related to scripture and apologetics
- I will plan a schedule of monthly podcast episodes based on speaker availability
- I will record podcasts and upload them to apple podcasts
- I will share the podcast through social media and post the interview transcript to my blog site
- Podcasting equipment (microphone, space, recording software)
- Podcast hosting application with the ability to feed podcast episodes to Apple Podcasts and other podcasting apps
- Blog website
- Topics & experts to interview on scripture and apologetics tasks
- By June 1 I will have a podcast hosting service and a tentative schedule of interviewees for the podcast.
- By August 1 I will have finalized the schedule of podcasts for the fall and spring semesters.
- By September 1 I will have recorded and posted my first podcast.
- I will review my progress and performance each moth with both my Ministry Mentor and Ministry Coach.
Overall Reflection Statement for Cultural Engagement
For my competence in cultural engagement, I am submitting __________ [name/type of artifact] which demonstrates __________ [what you learned, experienced, or accomplished and with who]. Describe my thoughts for 100 words.
Artifacts With Descriptions
- A link to the podcast feed on Apple Podcasts which allow the viewer to listen to any podcast episodes created for this project
- A link to transcripts of each podcast episode uploaded as blog posts to my website
As I developed and demonstrated cultural engagement, I have learned __________ [something you have learned about yourself, about people, about ministry, and/or about God]. Describe my thoughts for 100 words.
5. Lifelong Development Statement
As a result of the experiences documented by these artifacts, I will continue to develop in cultural engagement by __________ [something you will do differently next time or continue to improve upon]. Describe my thoughts for 100 words.